Zoning Board of Appeals
- 11 a.m.
- 2nd Friday of each month
- Emergency Services Building
1 Cedar Street
Main Meeting Room
East Hampton, 11937
- John McGuirk III, Chairman 2021
- James McMullan, Vice Chair 2025
- Craig R. Humphrey 2021
- Philip O'Connell 2021
- Joseph Rose 2025
- Andrew Baris 2025
The Board of Trustees of the Village is responsible for the adoption of the zoning law and amendments. The zoning law is the basis on which the Zoning Board of Appeals works. Zoning regulations are adopted in accordance with the Village’s comprehensive plan.
The Board of Appeals has jurisdiction to hear and decide the following:
- Appeals: Applications brought by aggrieved persons from interpretations of the village code made by the building inspector or from other determinations made by him.
- Interpretations: Applications brought directly to the Board of Appeals by any local agency for interpretations of provisions of the village code.
- Variances: Applications brought by persons for variances from the strict application of provisions of the village code.
- Special Permits: Applications brought by persons for special permits.
For more information on zoning, planning, and design review, contact Pam Bennett, Deputy Clerk.